The Luneburg Lens is a spherical multi-layered lens which is capable of focusing a wave from any direction. By placing a series of feeds on the opposite side of the desired direction of the signal, the Luneburg lens is capable of receiving/ transmitting simultaneously in any direction. Using Luneburg Lens technology it is possible to construct a multi-beam antenna capable of simultaneous multi-satellite tracking or capable of receiving/transmitting several signals in any direction 360 degrees) simultaneously.
The key advantage of the Matsing Luneburg lens comes from our patented meta-material design. A traditional Luneburg lens becomes increasingly heavy and difficult to manufacture with increased diameter, thus restricting their size (approximately 200kg for a 1.0m traditionally built Luneburg Lens).
The Matsing Luneburg Lens weighs approximately 8 times less (25kg for a 1.0m Matsing Luneburg Lens) than a Luneburg Lens built from traditional material. This allows us to construct the world’s largest light weight, broadband Luneburg Lens with diameters varying from 0.6–1.5m.
Due to our manufacturing process, we are also able to customize the focusing distance of each lens to customer specification.
- Multi-beam Antennas
- For communications
- (base stations)
- For satellite communication (stationary)
- For simultaneously satellite tracking (multiple satellites)
- Large Sized
- Extremely Light Weight (8x lighter than similar lens made from conventional material)
- Varying Diameters from 0.6–1.5m
- Patented Meta-materials,
- extremely Low Loss and
- Low Density
- Constructed using a multi-layered structure with over 10 layers (dependent on size)
- Lens size and focusing distance can be customized dependent on
- the application of the lens and customer specifications.
Visit entire line of Matsing Products